After a long spell of having not too many people in my life that I considered "true" friends, these days I find myself surrounded by people who truly love me with Christ's love and are here to help me, to encourage me, to hold my feet to the fire, so-to-speak. My Celebrate Recovery family is a family like my blood family can't be, they are walking this Christian walk alongside me, learning the same lessons, going through the same steps, and sometimes struggling with the same things I am.
Lately I have been struggling with my tongue and with resentment. I have resentment from past hurts and lately I can't seem to keep my mouth shut about these feelings. And once I say one thing, other things start spilling out right behind the first. Each sentence gets harsher as I grow angrier from hearing my own words. In my mind I am thinking to myself "Stop it! Shut your mouth!" When I finally am able to shut my mouth and stop the hateful words, I can see the devastation they have caused on the faces around me.
So tonight as I confessed my sin to others in my group, I asked them for scripture to study about resentment, about the relationship between parent and child, about the forgiveness of God, so that I can study the Word this week and have victory over this terrible thing. I know these precious women will help me.
Tonight, this is what I have to say to God:
Thank you, Lord, for giving me these wonderful women to walk with me on this journey. Thank you for their compassion and their encouragement. Forgive me for letting my resentment get the better of me, and help me learn more about controlling my tongue so that I don't hurt others. Please help me to see people through Your eyes of Love and Compassion. Your commandment to me is to love my neighbor as myself. Help me live that commandment. Help me show other people Your love.
No comments:
Post a Comment