In my post about the difference between head knowledge and heart knowledge, I said to God:
Please heal me and restore me to the joy I once
knew with you. Please help me find the heart knowledge
of Your love for me.
knew with you. Please help me find the heart knowledge
of Your love for me.
Thanks to the prayers of those who read this and prayed with me and to the constant prayers of my accountability partners in CR, God has granted that request.
On Thursday evening, April 7, He used my accountability partners to show me that the things we often feel are so bad that God could never forgive, are such small matters in the big picture of it all.
Fearing that when I confessed my sins to them, my CR partners would turn and walk away from me, I screwed up my courage and admitted my sin to them. Then I waited for the scorn, the abandonment. It never came. They looked at me with understanding, love, and compassion and reassured me that they were still there for me; that they are in this journey with me, no matter what.
Later that evening during my prayer time, God spoke to my heart and said, “If mere humans are not moved by your shortcomings, why do you think that I, your Lord and God, would be?"
God uses such simple pictures for us to understand. He often tells me how He feels about me by the way I feel about my four year-old. He loves me more than I love her.
He loves me! My God loves me deeply! I know this now. In my hearts of hearts this is true and that knowledge will never change. I will spend the rest of my life acknowledging that love and trying to share it with other people by my actions. I want people to SEE Him in me. And I want them to desire what I have.
Thanks to all who prayed with me.
Tonight I would say to God:
Thank you for loving me no matter what. I open myself completely to you. Fill me with Yourself so that people see the difference in my actions and hear the difference in my words and attitudes. Teach me to share You with people in a way that draws them to You rather than turning them from You.
No comments:
Post a Comment