I know that people laughingly say, "Never pray for patience!" They say that because when you pray for patience, God doesn't just GIVE it to you---He sends people and situations and drivers and family members and even strangers to give you opportunities to practice being patient. And I always said I'd never pray that prayer.
Instead I've been praying that God would teach me to walk in true love toward others. I've been praying that He help me do "the next right thing." To say that it has been a difficult few days is a pretty big understatement. I'm not being very successful at the moment. It seems that I fail more tests than I pass right now. But I'm not going to stop praying those prayers.
I thank God that He doesn't give up on me!
Tonight I would say to God:
Thank you for the people You have placed in my life to help me get through this walk to You. I also thank You for the situations You give that help me to grow and become more like You.
Thank you for reminding me that I am not who others think I am, and I am not who I think I am, but I am who You say I am!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment