I've heard in seminars and conferences that we become like the five people we spend the most time with. So I hope to become like my sister, Carol; my singles class instructor, Shelly; Joyce Meyer; Jesse DuPlantis; and Creflo Dollar.
My sister gave her life to God a very long time ago, and she has stayed with God, walking with Him continuously and faithfully. I very deliberately walked away from God 21 years ago. Is it even possible to start over now. At the age of 47, is there time left in my life to make any difference for God? Can I be devoted and not turn away again?
Shelly taught a womens' Bible Study at my sister's church and when I walked into that room for the first time and Shelly shook my hand and spoke to me, sweet peace fell over me. She lives the life she teaches. I can see Christ in her. I want people to see Him in me.
I listen to Joyce, Jesse, and Creflo daily. I'm learning from them, trying to apply the things they teach.
If I sat across from God tonight, I would say:
God, I want to believe Jeremiah 29:11-13, that you have a plan for my life that is good and not meant to hurt me. After Jeffrey's death, I didn't believe that and I am sorry for walking away from You. I am seeking You and that scripture promises that I will find You if I search for you with all my heart. Am I not doing that? What else would you have me do? Or is it too late to have a fruitful life? Or do You know that I will turn away from you again in the future? Please let me find You.
I would say: Thank You for removing Satan's blinders and showing me the truth in this life here on earth!! And thank You for sending Your Son to die on the cross for me. And thank You for Your patience and Your never ending lessons! Thanks to You I am now eternally grateful! -Chrissy
ReplyDelete